Re: [Fwd: Re: patch -- LaTeX exporter, and new --to command line option]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: patch -- LaTeX exporter, and new --to command line option]
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 16:04:47 CST

At 06:05 PM 1/26/00 +0100, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
>But if you don't specify the --nosplash option, the splash screen
>appears. Do you think that it will be good to make the actual "--to" =
>"--nosplash --to"? (My personal answer is YES :)

I agree that "to" should also set bNoSplash internally. The splash is there
as eye candy while we load up enough of the application to get a top-level
window on-screen.

However, when doing batch-only conversion, the splash makes no sense. It
also slows down the conversion process a bit, and I'm sure the various
import / export authors are eventually going to want to brag about how fast
their code is.

Paul