Re: Options dialog

Subject: Re: Options dialog
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 13:14:25 CST

At 08:04 AM 1/28/00 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>Actually while we are at it, would it be possible to add
>support for a default font option. I'm really sick of
>the Times 10pt being my default font, way too small!

The eventual solution to this problem is to add template support, so that
we inherit settings from what amounts to an empty AbiWord document. That
way, people could easily customize not only the default font, but all sorts
of other properties which can be expressed as styles. Once we have editable
styles, the incremental work to add templates shouldn't be that bad.

However, that's not gonna happen this month. :-)

In the mean time, yet another option is probably an acceptable workaround,
even though it'll need to be removed once we add the template mechanism.
Sigh.

Paul