Re: Options dialog

Subject: Re: Options dialog
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 11:35:52 CST

At 09:34 PM 1/27/00 -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
>I have lately been looking into changeing some of the things in the
>options dialog that Robert and I brought up last month
>(http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/99/December/0322.html).
>So far I have changed some of the strings so that the Preferences tab is
>now labled "Preference Schemes" and The auto save check box is labled
>"Automaticaly save this Scheme". What do you guys think about these
>changes?

Personally, I think both the suggested changes are a step in the right
direction. While you are at it, on Windows the Reset, Edit, and Dictionary
buttons all cause an instant hang. Would you be up for graying these
buttons out? Later when someone wants to hook these up and do preferences
right we will go for the permanent solution. Meanwhile, just graying out
the buttons will keep people from crashing, and sending me mail complaining
about it.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist