Eureka! -- Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32

Subject: Eureka! -- Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 18:35:48 CST

Paul Rohr wrote:
> Hmmph. You may want to try it anyhow, just to be sure. IIRC, the default
> shell installed with Cygwin is quite bash-like, but what the scripts need
> *is* bash, at that specific location. Go figure.

Making sure /bin/sh.exe exists fixed the problem for me. Presumably,
the configure scripts could be rewritten to execute config.sub like
"$SHELL config.sub" instead of a plain "config.sub", but I'm not
the one to be digging there right now.

If anyone else is having problems getting through the configure stage,
make sure /bin/sh.exe is a copy of bash.exe and give it a go.

--
Shaw Terwilliger