Re: Eureka! -- Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32

Subject: Re: Eureka! -- Re: guru needed -- diagnosing configure problems on Win32
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 08:14:09 CST

At 06:35 PM 1/28/00 -0600, sterwill@abisource.com wrote:
>Making sure /bin/sh.exe exists fixed the problem for me.

         Now I've got it!!

         When you referred to /bin, I figured you meant Cygwin's normal bin
directory - NOT the real '/bin'. So I went and created a /bin, copied
bash.exe over, renamed it to sh.exe and guess what - I get a LOT further!!

         However, now I'm getting a permissions error towards the end of
the libiconv build using the OLD sh.exe (which is now a copy of
bash.exe). I guess I shouldn't have replaced that sh.exe, eh? I'll try
getting a fresh copy from Cygnus and see what happens...

LDR