Re: does anyone want to rescue the "Hello Abi" subtree?

Subject: Re: does anyone want to rescue the "Hello Abi" subtree?
From: Andrew Goh (andrew@ghimmoh.lugs.org.sg)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 23:31:46 CST

hi,

I hope it could be left there, as I feel that fixing hello
(by a new abiword hacker) is a quick way to learn about the AbiWord
app framework.

Perhaps one could update the README.TXT to say that hello would not
be maintained as often as the main stem of abiword tree and is likely
to be broken & left as an exercise for the user ;)

I have indeed wondered if abi app framework may eventually be a
de-facto app framework to the Linux world much as MFC is to MS Windows.
Wouldn't it be a great idea, if '3rd party' open source developers
can develop 'snap-on' components to abi?

Cheers,
   Andrew