does anyone want to rescue the "Hello Abi" subtree?

Subject: does anyone want to rescue the "Hello Abi" subtree?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 21:31:07 CST

Way back when, somebody started up the following subtree to learn how to use
the abi/src/af framework for other applications:

  abi/src/hello

This was a cool idea, because it helped demonstrate that the app-specific
portions of the framework could be used to build a trivial non-AbiWord
shell application. (All it ever did was raise a new frame and print "Hello
Abi".) At the time, I believe folks thought it might also be helpful as a
testbed for getting new ports up and running.

However, AFAIK, it never worked cleanly on more than one platform, and it
*certainly* hasn't been maintained in a long, long time. I don't remember
its actual demise, but the fact that nobody else missed it either is pretty
telling.

If anyone is interested in reviving and maintaining this code, please speak
up **now**. Otherwise, I'm sorely tempted to nuke the entire directory
sometime next Monday.

Paul
motto -- dead code should be nuked before it confuses too many people