RE: ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar) (was: Re: SV: Insert Symbol dialog)

Subject: RE: ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar) (was: Re: SV: Insert Symbol dialog)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 20:19:40 CST

> I feel we're rather getting off the topic of whether we could use the
> toolbar code as a base for modeless dialogs though.
>
> Jamie.

Paul has convinced me that the best non-modal dialog is one that attaches
its response to the window that most recently had focus. I'm not 100% sure
that this is not over-engineering as in the vast majority of cases there
will be just one open window in which case attaching the output of the
dialog to the window that openned it would work fine.

I agree that attaching to the most recent focus is the best solution.
I'm not 100% sure that this not over-engineering though. However going for
a modal-dialog makes my job easier :-)

 Martin Sevior