SV: ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar) (was: Re: SV: Insert Symbol dialog)

Subject: SV: ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar) (was: Re: SV: Insert Symbol dialog)
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 05:24:41 CST

> Perhaps a 'symbol toolbar' for common symbols would be good, as an option,
> but I don't think it should replace the dialog (can you imagine toolbars
> with the whole charset of a font on it?).
>
> I feel we're rather getting off the topic of whether we could use the
> toolbar code as a base for modeless dialogs though.

Well, I think I sugested the idea that got paul in "ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar)" mood :)

My idea was something like you say a 'symbol toolbar'. This can't replace (I understand now) the real dialogbox. But then the dialog is there, it could have a "Add to tolbar" button, so the user could populate a 'symbol toolbar' from the 'symbol dialog'.

--hb