Re: SV: ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar) (was: Re: SV: Insert Symbol dialog)

Subject: Re: SV: ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar) (was: Re: SV: Insert Symbol dialog)
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 05:49:24 CST

Henrik Berg wrote:

> Well, I think I sugested the idea that got paul in "ASSERT(modeless dialog != toolbar)"
> mood :)
>
> My idea was something like you say a 'symbol toolbar'. This can't replace (I understand
> now) the real dialogbox. But then the dialog is there, it could have a "Add to tolbar"
> button, so the user could populate a 'symbol toolbar' from the 'symbol dialog'.

This may be cool, but I think that the best is to fix a simpler goal,
and acomplish it. The first problem that has to be resolved is the
modeless dialog, and it's not a trivial problem. After that, the next
problem will be to implement the symbol dialog. And *AFTER* that, you
can think in adding symbols dinamically to the toolbar, adding short
cuts to the most used symbol, etc...

I want an "insert symbol" option. And of course, I want an easy and
quickly way of insert the symbols in my document. But I want them in
that order.

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
e-mail: cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr