Re: It's alive!!

Subject: Re: It's alive!!
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 13:06:32 CST

At 09:39 AM 1/29/00 -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>Not exactly sure what the final trick was - but I can now build AbiWord on
>Windows - finally!!

Just like you, I created a /bin directory at the top level of my C: drive,
placed sh.exe there, and then got me through configure.

So I can now test the Windows build in addition to the Linux build, and
that is great. Eventually, though, we will need to figure out what is
going on here so that other people don't run into the same problem.

For me, ./config.sub wouldn't run even if I ran it from it's own directory.
 It was marked executable, and returned the error "file not found", yet I
couldn't find any file i/o code within it at all! config.sub was itself
found, as I did tab completion to run it. Quite the mystery to me.

Either this needs to be fixed for the general case before 0.7.8, or I need
to document what is going on the web site someplace. Who wants to give me
a *thwap* with the clue stick?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist