RE: the donut rule (was Re: 0.7.8 and ANISfied string functions)

Subject: RE: the donut rule (was Re: 0.7.8 and ANISfied string functions)
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 09:11:18 CST

If only there was some worm of international donut delivery network, like
interflora, but more donut-related (interdonut?) :-)

> Given how close we are to the next release, any big patch like this would
> need to look *really* good before I felt comfortable that it
> wouldn't break
> the build or destabilize any of our supported platforms.
>
> My personal goal from now until 0.7.8 is to make extra-sure that nothing
> "donut-worthy" happens. ;-)

I /think/ my patch would conform to the five points. However, given that
string functions, at the moment, Just Work on all platforms, and my patch
doesn't add anything new, functionality-wise, but could affect all
platforms, I think I'll hold back. No matter how unlikely it may be, I
don't want to take the chance of my first patch breaking an important build
:-) (Though donuts do sound nice just now...)

Jamie.