Re: Fix for broken Win32 build

Subject: Re: Fix for broken Win32 build
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 12:20:24 CDT

tf> Yeah ... sorry about that, I was actually on another machine, and
tf> meant to send a message to the list asking about the "Danger"
tf> involved with doing this cast at this point in the code. Since
tf> Aaron put the code in, he is probably in the best position to
tf> determine that and retrofit the code as required.

Although Aaron was kind enough to commit the patch, I originated that
little broken piece. Sorry about that. It is my habit to try to
eliminate warnings and compiler noise (even when I think the compiler
is babbling), but I overlooked that one. Even though I can only build
on Linux, if I had eliminated the warning there, it would have avoided
the problem on Win32 and other platforms in this case.