Re: Search Page

Subject: Re: Search Page
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 09:32:46 CDT

At 12:06 AM 7/10/00 +1000, you wrote:
>> Ahh what are you talking about here ... putting the search CGI
>> perl script on the AbiSource web site? Hope so since 1) Not
>> everyone has Perl, 2) Not everyone has a web server running
>> in which they can run cgi scripts. I would say that it would
>> be fine to put the documentation and search stuff on AbiSources
>> web site and then have a seperate help menu that would be
>> a network connection to the Abi site.
>
>Yep, if someone could put the search page and documentation up onthe abiword
>website, that would be great.

Yes, I will get on that this week.

>> I think that it should just bring up your local web browser to
>> a main help index page and then just let you go from there.
>>
>> If you want a good example, you should take a look at the BeOS
>> help system. All HTML linked together with several top
>> level indexes/table of contents.
>>
>> Thomas
>
>In that case, should I just make it open up to the main index page, where you
>can also select the help file language. Do you think that users would find it
>wasier this way?

For the most part, this would be an option, the only execptions being the
search menu item and the check version menu item. These will fire up a
browser and straight for the AbiSource site. The rest should be accessing
local pages.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist