Building on Windows 98

Subject: Building on Windows 98
From: Allan Clark (shark@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 07:47:28 CDT

Hi
I just got started with Abiword the other day, I admit to being very new to
developing large scale open source projects, in fact I'm pretty new to
programming in general but I love the idea of everyone contributing. Anyway,
it took me nearly two days to build the source code (I told you I was new at
this), I am on a Windows 98 system and I thought the build instructions were
not totally clear (no offence). It occurred to me that there might be a few
people who, like me, have had difficulty in building Abiword, I thought that
perhaps a few people who would otherwise have contributed might have been
put off by not being able to build the source right away, this would account
for the fact that there are more people who subcribe to the mailing list
than actually contribute, these people are probably also running Windows 98.
The upshot of all this is that I wrote step by step instructions for
building Abiword on Windows 98, you can find these instructions at
http://members.fortunecity.com/shakilla/buildabi.htm it also includes the
files needed for installing the CVS & cygnus software.
I hope this helps someone.

Allan Clark