Re: Problems deleting a list

Subject: Re: Problems deleting a list
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 17:05:17 CDT

martin> It was just an idea. The Bullets and Numbering dialog allows
martin> all the functionality you could want in lists including
martin> changing a list from numbered to lower case lettered, upper
martin> case lettered, bulleted, multi-levels of bullets and numbers
martin> all in an easy to use modeless dialog that reflects the
martin> current state of the list (or lack thereof) that the cursor is
martin> sitting on. It slices bread too :-)

There is no question in my mind that it is worth having something on
the toolbar for lists. It's just too popular a feature to have only
hanging off a menu/dialog box.

If I interpret what you were saying correctly, the idea of a button
that launches a modeless dialog box for lists is a great idea.

(Personally, I hope we one day see scrollable toolbars or user
selection of what to have on the toolbar. There is already plenty of
stuff that that I would rarely use, but I'm sure is of interest to
someone [or they wouldn't be there]).