Re: Visual Studio Workspace

Subject: Re: Visual Studio Workspace
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 15:21:12 CDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Harald Fernengel <harry@bnro.de>
To: <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Cc: Michael D. Pritchett <MPritchett@attglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 11:04 AM
Subject: Visual Studio Workspace

> Hello,
>
> I tried out the UpdateAbiProjects.pl perl script to generate a
> Visual Studio Workspace. It works fine with my version 6, but I
> noticed some things:
>
> - msvcprt.lib is missing in Linker Options. Abi won't build without
> it.
> - there are some typos in the script (run perl -w to see it)
> - the perl\bin directory has to be in the %PATH% Variable otherwise
> "glob" will fail with a silly error message.
>
> A suggestion: Can we put the script and the necessary workspace
> files into CVS so anyone can send patches and improve it?
>

> Harry

Harry -

Thanks for looking the script over. I was unaware of the need to include
msvcprt.lib as I don't use it or seem to require it. Feel free to clean it
up the perl script and make it work better.

As for adding it to the CVS, I don't think that it is wise. Adding the
Workspace files to the CVS would just confuse people (especially newbies
like me) and make for maintaining separate build systems (not recommended).

The script and the Workspace files are only meant to be helpful for those
people that know what they are doing, with a full Cygwin is build first. I
would suggest any improvments just be posted to the developers list instead
of adding it to the CVSs.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett
newbie