Re: StarOffice to be GPL'd confirmed

Subject: Re: StarOffice to be GPL'd confirmed
From: Caolan McNamara (cmc@stardivision.de)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 08:52:42 CDT

At 14:38 19.07.00 +0100, Allan Clark wrote:
>You probably all know this but I thought I would let you all know that that
>story has been confirmed.
>You can read the whole story at
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/12041.html
>Allan Clark
>www.shark.org.uk

Yes its all true, looking forward open communication with abi over word
{im|ex}port
again.

"Release source code under GPL ... code for reading and writing Microsoft
Office
formats will allow other open source projects to provide compatible
functionality
as well", that'd be you. Though to be fair I still reckon that my original
wv code
base is comparable in functionality, its just that StarOffice has so many more
features that it looks like its doing an awesome job. Still theres the
extra visual
basic decompressor, 97 Controls import, glossary files import and a hell of
a lot
of specific field and much better and in fact excellent escher graphic
support etc etc.

C.