RE: Smart Quotes Issues (was Re: patch: SmartQuotesEnable preference item)

Subject: RE: Smart Quotes Issues (was Re: patch: SmartQuotesEnable preference item)
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 21:55:23 CDT

> sam> c) Text - no smart quotes, use regular quotes
> sam> d) HTML - no smart quotes (this is *very* important(
>
> How will you save other non-ASCII, non-Latin1 characters in these
> formats? I guess anyone who saves a WP document as text pretty much
> expects it to suck, so we don't care much there.

For text - use unicode as a last resort? Good question there. What does
MSWord do if you save japanese characters as text?

For HTML - shouldn't be a problem... HTML lots of encoding stuff and while
I'm not familiar with it it should not be difficult. Is Unicode in HTML
widely supported?

Aaron Lehmann