development environments

Subject: development environments
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 02:18:39 CDT

I'm about the change the laptop where I currently "live", and the new
one will have a lot more disk space. If I wanted to sooner or later
set up BeOS and/or QNX environments sufficient to build Abi, what size
partitions would I likely need? I will also have one or more Win32
partitions for other reasons, but I think I have the Abi info for
that. It may take a little longer to set up the MacOS environment on
my laptop. :-)

Of course, the follow-on questions are along the lines of "what's the
path of least resistance to installing BeOS and/or QNX for this
purpose?" My intent would be to do builds for my own regression
testing, "light" porting, cross-platform feature comparison, etc.