RE: Windows Weenie

Subject: RE: Windows Weenie
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 09:54:28 CDT

> Waitaminnit--wasn't spyglass the company that made the browser later known
> as Internet Exploiter? Or am I out to lunch here?

Yes, but before Spyglass was a browser company, we were a developer
of scientific visual data analysis tools. Those tools started on
the Mac, migrated to UNIX, and then a Windows version.

> > person as a 'Windows Weenie'. We tried to keep things discrete,
> None of that continously-varying stuff, eh?

How silly of me. I'll have to be more careful about the difference
between discreet and discrete. :-)

Hmmm. A problem of word choice. A grammar checker would have caught
this. Grammar checkers usually appear in word processors. AbiWord
is a word processor. Does that mean this thread has ended up back
on topic? ;-)