Re: Windows Weenie

Subject: Re: Windows Weenie
From: Jon Niehof (jnieho38@calvin.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 09:55:41 CDT

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Eric W. Sink wrote:
> When I was at Spyglass in the fall of 1992, we began wondering if
> perhaps we should consider porting our products to Windows.
Waitaminnit--wasn't spyglass the company that made the browser later known
as Internet Exploiter? Or am I out to lunch here?

> person as a 'Windows Weenie'. We tried to keep things discrete,
None of that continously-varying stuff, eh?

> Meanwhile, it has been sad to watch MacOS lose pace with the times. My
> wife is one of the few die-hard Mac users I still know.
I spent a summer doing web devel on the Mac a few years ago, and gained a
lot of respect for the platform. I still say that QuickKeys is essential
for being able to actually *use* the thing, tho. Frankly, I think part of
what's hurting the platform right now is its difficulty in grabbing Open
Source/ free software mindshare. I don't know of any free devel tools for
MAc--enlighten me if they exist, because I'm planning on picking up one of
the original iMacs sometime to play with, and would love to be able to
code.

--Jon, N9RUJ jnieho38@calvin.edu www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38

Discontinuities make the world go pointy.