Re: gnome-xml and policy

Subject: Re: gnome-xml and policy
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 03:05:06 CDT

Hi Goran,
         I guess the first question that springs to mind is: What does
gnome-xml give us that expat doesn't?

Regarding patches, no patch should break the build, ever. We try to only
include patches that provide some advance in functionality even if it is
for only one platform. Although we make exceptions for long term pay-off.
For example I've made a number of changes to enable modeless dialogs in
Unix and Gnome that have broken specific dialogs on Windows. Windows
programmers eventually fix these and so we're gradually changing all the
relevent Modal dialogs to Modeless ones.

We maintain our own version of wv so we can update that as we please.

Welcome to AbiWord :-)

Cheers

Martin