autoconf

Subject: autoconf
From: Goran Thyni (goran@kirra.net)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 03:10:16 CDT

Hi,

a problem that itches me with the build env is that there are no
dependencies, so thatto make sure you get a clean build you
have to remove the abi/src/$(arch)/obj directory and rebuild
everything from scratch.
It is very important in a C++ projects since changes in header files
can change offset in _vtable:s and there lead to much head scratching.

On unix autoconf/libtool/gcc gives you automatic dependencies.
I have done some experimenting with it and it is not very hard
to do a basic implementation for Debian/Linux. People with other
unix(-like) platform can fill in the blanks.

Should I make a patch?

regards,
Göran.