Re: gnome-xml and policy

Subject: Re: gnome-xml and policy
From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 15:42:35 CDT

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 06:05:06PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > We maintain our own version of wv so we can update that as we please.
>
> I have one question :
> Why does Abi maintains own versions of expat and wv ?
> Is this only temportary issue ?

Our version of expat (now 1.1) contains only 1 real modification, which
was a 1 line #ifdef to support Be, IIRC. All other changes are just in
makefile stuff. I'll try to keep tracking expat release (althought they
don't come that often).

Wv was modified more significantly, IIRC, but much of that was done with
the aid of Caolan, the wv author. I believe he has merged some of our
changes back, and some of his changes get to us. (We got a patch a couple
weeks back originated by the KWord folks, who use wv too.)

So no, these are not temporary, but they're not real problems, either.

                                sam th
                                sam@uchicago.edu
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam