Re: Enable/disable toolbars in Windows

Subject: Re: Enable/disable toolbars in Windows
From: Joaquin Cuenca (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 15:22:33 CDT

--- Thomas Briggs <tom@sane.com> wrote:

> Anybody care to venture a guess as to why
> toolbars don't appear/disappear
> under Windows, regardless of the setting in the
> Preferences dialog? I know
> that the options are being saved across sessions,
> and I know that the
> toolbars can be turned on/off under Linux (I tried
> it to make sure). I know
> there aren't too many other Windows Weenies[tm] out
> there, but I'm hoping
> somebody will have a guess.

This one is easy. Because there are a bit of platform
dependent code that has to be implemented in windows.
For instance, the code that actually hides a toolbar,
in gtk+ is gtk_widget_hide (...), in GNOME is
gtk_widget_hide(...); gtk_widget_queue_resize(...);,
and in Windows is... if you know the reply code it
(ev_Win32Toolbar::hide & show methods) and you will
have the show/hide toolbars working in windows.

Cheers,

> Thanks
> -T

=====