Test post, and a few Q's about the BeOS port..

Subject: Test post, and a few Q's about the BeOS port..
From: Ben Hall (bhall@crosskeys.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 07:17:59 CDT

Hi,

This is mostly a test post, but I'd also like to ask a few questions
about the status of the BeOS port:

1) I have been completely unable to save files w/ Abi 0.79 in BeOS R5 PE
for x86. Is this in fact broken, or am I doing something wrong?

I read that you had to explicitly add the extension .abw, which I tried,
as well as putting it all in quotes, but it always just crashes.

2) Is it being actively developed, and by how many people? Will it be
getting up to speed with the other versions soon?

My programming skills aren't as good as I'd like, but I'll try to help
if it's needed. I'm a 3rd yr CS student, I've been following AbiWord
for a long time now (I don't remember the version, but it seems like
well over a year..)

I keep trying to do my work reports with Abi, as it's the only WP I've
found that works on more platforms than I do, but it always seems to
fall a little short in some key areas, and I end out going back to
StarOffice. (locked in to their file formats.. :( )

3) (Not a BE QUESTION..) I remember reading a while ago about turning
Abi into a general XML editor, has any work been done on that? That'd
be fantastic!

Anyway, thanks for your time, and for the great program. I hope I can
help,

Ben