Re: commit: Re: patch -- fix for Bug 760

Subject: Re: commit: Re: patch -- fix for Bug 760
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 01:09:18 CDT

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

Martin> OK I tested this patch. It works as advertised so I committed
Martin> it. I don't get assertion in inserting Fields.

May be my local changes. Thanks for testing.

Martin> However
Martin> deleting the pagebreak still throws up the assert:
Martin> **** (7) Assert **** **** (7) FP_RUN_NOT !=
Martin> containsOffset(iOffset) at fp_Run.cpp:1280 **** **** (7)
Martin> Continue ? (y/n) [y] : y

Martin> Multiple times (7 in this case).

Martin> Just to let you know Jesper :-)

Yes, these are due to the findPointCoords code. That's up for
replacement next - but it's hard to figure out how to make the code
behave when there's no clear specification of what the blocks can
contain. The checked in patch at least makes the blocks look fairly
consistent, which should make it easier to finish the findPointCoords
function.

Thanks,
Jesper