commit: Re: patch -- fix for Bug 760

Subject: commit: Re: patch -- fix for Bug 760
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:48:36 CDT

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.h
CVS:
Committed Jesper's fixes to squash bug 760.

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Jesper Skov wrote:

> I have noticed three things while working on this:
>
> 1) typing stuff, mixing in some page breaks, and then deleting it all
> again leaves a lot of zero-length Runs in the document. Some of
> these due to checkForBeginOnForcedBreak, but it happens even when
> it's commented out. What part of the code is responsible for
> merging/deleting such Runs? Or is it intentional (surely not).
>
> 2) I cannot insert a field without getting assertions. I suspect it's
> partly due to the findPointCoord changes I have in my tree. Sure
> hope it's not due to the field coord changes.
>
> 3) When using columns, inserting a page break only seems to have the
> effect of a column break. Is this a known problem? (or intentional
> behavior).

OK I tested this patch. It works as advertised so I committed it. I don't
get assertion in inserting Fields. However deleting the pagebreak still
throws up the assert:

**** (7) Assert ****
**** (7) FP_RUN_NOT != containsOffset(iOffset) at fp_Run.cpp:1280 ****
**** (7) Continue ? (y/n) [y] : y