RE: Big wv/LibOLE2 patch

Subject: RE: Big wv/LibOLE2 patch
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 04:29:30 CDT

Looks like I'm now replying to my own posts too :-)

If you've compiled a debug build, but don't start it from a terminal, what
does UT_assert() do? Does it still wait for an 'enter' before continuing,
even though there's no hope of getting one, or does it time-out? If it
times out, that could also explain the long load times, as I've been coming
up against tab and run asserts when importing more convoluted documents
(not, I think, the importer's fault, but something to do with display). I
can post the docs somewhere if anyone's interested.

I agree that it's more likely to be an internal wv fault [though I'm
beginning to think of them as 'word file format faults :-] that's causing
Martin's 'apparently infinitely looping' problem though.

Jamie.