Re: Feature suggestion. Word Count on import.

Subject: Re: Feature suggestion. Word Count on import.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 09:53:37 CDT

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> I'm very opposed to popping up a Word Count dialog during
> this process. I'd much rather see this be implemented
> as a generic part of the progress bar (yes I'll volunteer)
> in the status bar so we can use if for other things like
> image loading and other possibly lengthy operations.

I thought about it a bit more and decided I didn't want a Word Count
either. I was thinking of a little gtk progress bar type thing together
with a page count. It would nice to see action during printing too. I like
your suggestion of a xp progress bar on the frame. I never liked barber
poles though. I like to see how much is left to go. A progress bar and
page count would give a nice feedback during lengthy imports and prints.

However since you are volenteering I guess it up you :-) I will be
interesting to do a gtk front end to a qnx feature unless you think of how
to do it all in xp :-)

Cheers

Martin