Re: What's wrong with [the Word importer part of] the FreeBSD build

Subject: Re: What's wrong with [the Word importer part of] the FreeBSD build
From: Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 09:27:33 CDT

James Montgomerie wrote:
> I believe the build was broken on FreeBSD 4 before wv was added? (The
> thread entitled "FreeBSD version (was Re: Type 1 postscript font support
> questions...)" appears to sugest so.)

Yesterday, we upgraded our FreeBSD build host (the one running Tinderbox)
to FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE. The tree currently doesn't build, just in the way
Mike pointed out (popen problems in the PS printing). I'll try to find some
time today to get the FreeBSD tree building again. I remember someone pointed
out the AbiWord port has the relavent patches.

> > FWIW, there is no glib.h as part of the 4.0-RELEASE system. There's
> > one included in the glib port, but ports are specifically *not* part
> > of the system.
>
> I didn't really mean part of the 'system' as defined by FreeBSD, I meant
> part of the 'system' as 'the environment which AbiWord compiles under'
> (which does have glib in it because it's used by gtk, as far as I know).
> Sorry if I confused anyone.

Yes, gtk+ requires glib, and we require gtk+. The port of gtk+ knows
this requirement and installs glib.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill@abisource.com>