Re: bug 745 (aka bug 7?)

Subject: Re: bug 745 (aka bug 7?)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 16:39:07 CDT

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> Bug 7 describes backspacing over a small-case 'f'. I can't reproduce this,
> but every time I backspace over a 'g' or 'j' the tail remains. Seems to be
> the same kind of thing as bug 7 - should bug 7 be reopened?

It is funny I didn't notice. Normally this sort of thing really bothers
me. Bug 7 was fixed by Bruce Pearson about 4 months ago. There appears to
be a slight bug in his fix. The line position calculations appear
to be off by 1 pixel. They're one pixel too high. For example the cursor
is drawn one pixel too high on the bottom and extends one pixel too high
on the top.

This may actually be easy to fix.... Heh Heh famous last words. We'll see
:-)

Cheers

Martin