Re: commit: Removed all cursor dirt from Linux.

Subject: Re: commit: Removed all cursor dirt from Linux.
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 16:10:42 CDT

At 11:59 PM 6/10/00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>OK Bob and Paul Egli,
> I've wanted to write an email like this for a long a
>time. Come on, try it, be as vicious as you like, try to find some cursor
>dirt in the Linux build. I might have fixed the Windows build too.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Martin

Well, you asked for it.

I beat on this quite a bit, and I could tell the cursor blink "reset" has
fixed a ton of cursor dirt problems. My hat goes off to you. Terrific job.

Yet the challenge remained, so here is what I believe might actually be the
last of the cursor dirt problems: Make sure spell checking is on. Type
"foo foo foooooooooooo." Now hold down the left arrow key without letting
go. Notice the half-width cursor in front of the third word. D'oh!

In all fairness, I think this one has been there for awhile.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist