Re: commit -- [manifesto] no more mangling

Subject: Re: commit -- [manifesto] no more mangling
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 16:08:20 CDT

At 08:59 PM 6/17/00 +0000, you wrote:
>preference item. The only problem is who would implement this option. My
>understanding is that AbiWord requires dialogs to be implemented
>seperately on all platforms. In this case, this would actually be good,
>because having a file extension is not an option on windows. Would it be
>bad to have a platform dissymetry in the options dialog? What if there was
>a tab implemented that was named "Platform-specific options"?

If there is ever a place to be platform specific, it would be in the
preferences dialog.

As for what tab it would go in, this isn't as easy as it sounds. We have
deliberately put of off preferences because they always would need to
change a little bit. Having someone spec a preferences dialog would be
terribly useful. I would volunteer, if it wasn't for the fact I have about
38 other abiword related tasks already begging for my attention.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist