Re: Translation woes and typos

Subject: Re: Translation woes and typos
From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@ie2.u-psud.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 10:49:53 CDT

El Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Tim Allen escribió:
> I'm trying to get the Indonesian translation up to date. Hopefully before
> Bob closes CVS again for the release... I've noticed some oddities in the
> GoTo dialog. The explanatory text in that dialog, apart from being rather
> large for a dialog (IMHO), has a couple of typos. If I was certain that
> I knew what was correct, I'd just send patches, but I'm not, so I'll
> just whinge about it :-). The current text is:
>
> DLG_Goto_Label_Help="Choose your target in the left side.
If you want
> to use the "Go To" button, just fill the Number Entry with the
> desired number. You can use + and - to perform relative movement. I.e.,
> if you write "+2" and you select "Line", the "Go
> To" will go 4 lines below your currect position."
>
> I presume that "4" should be a 2, ie if you type +2 then you go down 2
> lines. It'd be a weird interface if typing +2 moved you down 4; I have
> tried it out, and it does behave as you would expect, rather than as the
> dialog tells you it does. So I'm translating it as 2 lines, not four. Also
> I presume that "currect" should be "current".

Of course, you're right. Can anybody (Martin, Sam ?) correct it? (I don't have
the time, sorry)

I think that I've taked the text from Word (two months ago I drawed in a paper
the goto dialog box of the Word of a friend, and I think that I copied the text
literally), so if a native english speaker can reformulate a bit the text, it
would be very nice.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela