Re: Interested in building a Styles Dialog

Subject: Re: Interested in building a Styles Dialog
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 21:08:27 CDT

I really like the way this thread is going. I like the idea of saving
style properties within an abi document. Once 0.7.10 is out and my
obligatory contributions have been made (modeless for find/replace and
spell) I would really like to implement a modeless color dialog. The idea
is to have the named predefined colours of abi in a pallette along with a
number of user-defined colours. You choose the colors as needed and can
define your own colours as needed via the color picker widget. Now having
chosen a special set of user defined colours it would be great to be able
to save those along with the document so that the next time you edit it
your previously defined colours are ready and available.

Having a modeless colour dialog like this would make preparing coloured
documents much easier. Just click on the colour you want and you've got
it.

I'm looking forward to using this for preparing transperencies for
presentations.

Cheers

Martin