commit -- Bitmap Importer patch

Subject: commit -- Bitmap Importer patch
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 10:07:04 CDT

Committed BMP import patch from Michael D. Pritchett
<MPritchett@attglobal.net>

abi/src/wp/ap/xp ap_EditMethods.cpp
abi/src/wp/impexp/xp Makefile ie_impGraphic.cpp ie_impGraphic_BMP.cpp
ie_impGraphic_BMP.h

I didn't do real extensive testing on this patch, but enough to see that it
worked, saved, reopened, a few standard operations. Two interesting points

(1) Whenever I import a BMP image on Linux, my terminal window that I
launched AbiWord from turns into some unreadable symbol font. This might
be a bug in xterm for all I know. If someone knows what this, let me know,
because I actually use that debug output (for asserts and whatnot) and so
would like to avoid this if possible)

(2) All of the cursor dirt exterminators may be interested in a new case of
cursor dirt (actually inverse dirt) where the blinking cursor interferes
with the right edge of an images. I need to isolate it exactly, and I will
then log it with a test case and make it available on the web.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist