Re: Commit: Abi autosizes upon startup in unix and gnome

Subject: Re: Commit: Abi autosizes upon startup in unix and gnome
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 07:23:57 CDT

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> A poster on gnotices complained about this. It was an easy fix, clues
> straight from Havoc's book. It has been bothering me too. The first thing
> I do upon abi startup is resize it to make use of my screen.
>
> We should make current screen size a preference item that is automatically
> saved after each resize.

I had a further look at this code. I think it is quite broken. If no one
else wants to fix it I will eventually. It is not much code, just
straighten out the logic of looking for --geometry in ap_UnixApp.cpp. Then
follow through the code in xap_UnixFrame.cpp. If there is no --geometry
use the preferences stored from a previous run to set the window size. If
there is no preference set you can use the little hack I put in to set the
size from the size of the screen via the gdk_screen_width() and
gdk_screen_height() functions.

Then in the code that handles a resize event, save the new sizes in the
preferences system every time there is a resize and Bingo we have
persistent frame sizes between launches of abi and every time we open a
new abiwindow, it comes out the same size as the current window.

You will need to learn how to add values to the preference system of
course. It's a nice little job with a gratifying outcome.

Any takers?

Cheers

Martin