Re: Where oh where has my cursor gone?

Subject: Re: Where oh where has my cursor gone?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 07:48:23 CDT

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I just did a clean build (as in re-checked out everything
> > and did a build from scratch) of the QNX/Photon stuff. It
> > seems as though my cursor has dissapeared during this
> > time =;-{ If anyone thinks that they might know where my
> > cursor has gone (I think it may be focus related ...)
> > please let me know.
> >
> > Additionally what is the difference between AV_FOCUS_HERE
> > and AV_FOCUS_NEARBY? I don't think that I have a concept
> > of NEARBY in the whole scheme of focus things.
>
> You have problems with HJ's connectfocus routines. I think the unix front
> end ap_UnixFrame.cpp will give you ideas of what is going wrong.
>
> FOCUS_NEARBY means a modal dialog has the focus. This is alos the cause of
> Paul's bug 921.

Ok I fixed the problem ... I had made a mistake when I did
the frame focus stuff, which turned out to never give the
frame focus. Fixed now and my cursor and selections are
back!

The modal dialogs do call to set focus to Nearby so that
should be ok. Thanks for the clarification Martin.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf