Re: Scripting (and OT: users hate change)

Subject: Re: Scripting (and OT: users hate change)
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 20:48:48 CDT

>First off, I admit that I don't know visual basic and I don't want to. But
>is there anything specifically easier or friendlier about this proprietary
>language or is it just FUD from microsoft?

Neither one.

The major reason to prefer VB is simply because that's what the
world is mostly using. Normal users hate change.

A given piece of technology must reach an unbelievable level of
age and outdatedness before the mass markets will reject it in
favor of a new entry. We call this "discontinuous innovation",
and users hate it. That's why the latest Pentium III will still
run DOS from almost 20 years ago.

Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
SourceGear Corporation
eric@sourcegear.com