Re: Scripting

Subject: Re: Scripting
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 06:28:16 CDT

>Well, I'm volunteering to work on ...

Well, I *still* maintain that the primary focus of this group should be on
finalizing the implementation and polishing of a minimally usable 1.0
feature set. There are a number of things which are simply more
deserving to be in 1.0 than scripting or CORBA, IMHO. After we can
put version 1.0 to bed, my interest in pursuing lots of other things
should increase quite a bit.

If scripting/CORBA is the only AbiWord thing you might be interested in,
don't worry -- we won't forget about your interest. First of all, the
list is archived, so we can always find the quote above.

Perhaps more importantly, our sysadmins have setup a very nice system
here at SourceGear for me. Any piece of email which comes to abiword-dev
containing the words "I'm volunteering to work on" is automatically
filtered out for special processing. Our staff then takes that mail
and forwards it to a calligraphy shop. Within a day or two, I end up
with a beautiful copy in a 16x24 oak frame, hanging on my wall, so it
will never be forgotten. :-)

Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
SourceGear Corporation
eric@sourcegear.com