Modifying a bug (was: bug #812, [CRASH] abiword dumps core when...

Subject: Modifying a bug (was: bug #812, [CRASH] abiword dumps core when...
From: Paul Egli (pegli@sourcegear.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 12:37:37 CDT

At 09:45 AM 6/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>[[sorry if there is a way for me to enter this comment directly in
>bugzilla; I couldn't quite figure it out in the time I had to try]]

No problem. Here's a quick overview on modifying bugs in bugzilla:

When you press the "Commit" button, any changes that you have made to the
bug (Platform, Priority, Summary, etc) will be applied, and anything you've
typed in the "Additional Comments:" box will be appended to the
description. There is also a group of radio buttons (or whatever they're
called) below the Additional Comments box, which you can select in order to
change the bug's Status (Submitted, Open, QA to Verify, or Closed) and
Resolution (Fixed, WorksForMe, Duplicate, etc).

Once again, any changes you make will be applied when you press "Commit".
After you've pressed it, your changes are permanently recorded for all to
see (by clicking on the link "View Bug Activity."). If you have not yet
pressed Commit and you want to reset your changes and start over, you can
do so by pressing Reload (or Refresh/whatever) on your web browser.

-Paul Egli