Re: commit -- ALPHA version of page numbering

Subject: Re: commit -- ALPHA version of page numbering
From: John L. Clark (jlc6@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 11:45:31 CDT

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 01:09:35AM -0500, sam th wrote:
> let no one say i don't put my code where my email is :-)
>
> Now, if you hit ctrl-F12, you get page numbers.
>
> There are several problems with this.
>
> 1. It doesn't display. If you save and then reopen, it displays
> properly, but _generalUpdate() isn't forcing the footer to display.
>
> 2. As should be obvious, there is no GUI.
>
> 3. Everything is hard-coded. Some of this will be easier to fix than
> others.
>
> 4. If there's no text, it crashes.
>
> 5. It currently asserts a couple times.
>
> I probably shouldn't have checked such low-quality code in, but it's late,
> and I'm just happy it works.
>
> sam th
> sam@uchicago.edu
> http://www.abisource.com/~sam/

Now this is something that I'm definitely interested in helping with, if at
all possible. Quick question: with your commit, shouldn't there be a message
like the following:

CVS:
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: /some/files/in/abi/pertaining/to/page/numbers
CVS:

I'm just curious because I would like to know what files you modified so that
I can look at your code.

Also, what do you mean that everything is hard-coded? I understand
everything else, and will be trying to help with those issues.

Thanks,

John L. Clark