Re: My $0.02 about scripting

Subject: Re: My $0.02 about scripting
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 13:42:32 CDT

nlv> In my opinion, you guys should try to go to version 1.0 of
nlv> Abiword before arguing about what language to use.

nlv> Who are the users of abiword? Mostly secretaries of programmers?

I certainly agree. I am a high-falutin' programmer sort of guy, and I
use MSWord, et al, all the time (for, uh, legacy reasons). I have
never been so much as tempted to write a macro is Word Basic. I
doubt that I ever will be tempted to write a script in any AbiWord
scripting language (except perhaps for the development of test cases
or test programs). You might need that stuff for the checklist on the
import/export brochure, but wouldn't be a factor in my use of
AbiWord.