image support (was Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2)

Subject: image support (was Re: Core-dump during startup on AIX-4.3.2)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 11:52:48 CST

At 11:36 AM 3/2/00 -0600, Robert Sievers wrote:
>Not handling Word images yet is a known feature limitations.

Minor correction -- IIRC, Justin *has* added support for importing images
from Word to the CVS version (after 0.7.8 shipped). However, that may not
help you much because we don't currently handle non-PNG images anywhere in
the program. So, unless all the images in your Word doc are in PNG format,
you'll see asserts or something.

We'd definitely be interested in having people help add XP converters to PNG
from other common raster image formats (especially JPEG, GIF, BMP, and
PICT). The first step in that process will be to come up with a lightweight
switching mechanism as described here: