Re: Word Exporter Project

Subject: Re: Word Exporter Project
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 12:52:46 CST

At 11:44 AM 3/2/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>However, just for
>laughs, Microsoft decided that instead of dealing with HTML as a lossy
>format compared to Word documents, they would just extend the language
>instead.

         It wasn't entirely for laughs, but it does feel that way. Also,
the HTML/XML format is only handled natively (AFAIK) by Word2000).

>As this format is essentially HTML, with lots of extensions via an
>extended version of XML, we can just work of the HTML exporter.

         That's true. FYI: the XML blocks inside the HTML are called (in
MS parlance) "XML Islands" and should NOT be added to the normal HTML
export since it will make Abi's HTML no longer "validate".

LDR