Re: vector graphics support (was Re: image support (was ...))

Subject: Re: vector graphics support (was Re: image support (was ...))
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 20:52:45 CST

At 06:33 PM 3/2/00 -0800, Paul Rohr wrote:
>Call me a heathen, but for now I think it would be an utter waste of time to
>implement *any* SVG features which aren't needed to convert, say, PICTs and
>WMFs. The short term goal is just to be able to reliably import those
>graphics when found in Word files.

         That's an interesting approach I hadn't thought of. Simply
convert them on import (whether from Word or clipboard or ...) and then
always keep them as SVG for native. Works for me and you're right, it's
relatively easy for simple imaging primatives. There might be some font
issues, however, but I think we can work around those as we get to them.

LDR