Re: compiling

Subject: Re: compiling
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 10:35:33 CST

At 06:53 PM 3/2/00 -0500, Matthew Stapleton wrote:
>While trying to compile in win98 in get the following messages:
>
>checking host system type... configure: error: can not run
>./autoconf/config.sub

I had this happen to me once as well. To fix it, I put a copy of sh.exe,
the CYGWIN shell executable, directly in c:\bin rather than in Cygnus bin
directory. The config.sub file in wv has as it's first line:

#! /bin/sh

I don't know whether or not this can be generalized to look through you
path for sh.exe rather than requiring sh.exe to be specifically in c:\bin.
Perhaps someone else on the list can address that.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist