Re: expat, zlib etc

Subject: Re: expat, zlib etc
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 10:24:12 CST

At 04:42 PM 3/2/00 -0500, Matthew Stapleton wrote:
>I use windows98 and I downloaded the source, cygnus, and the other tools.
> Unziped the tools in the abi-.0-7.8 directory, ran bash and then tried
>make. But it said that expat could not be found. What am I doing
>wrong?

AbiWord requires some other modules to build. The following is from
http://www.abisource.com/dev_build.phtml#win32

You will need libpng, zlib, wv, libiconv, and expat. Windows developers
should get all these things from us here at AbiSource since we have them in
the form our build system expects them. You can download zip files for all
three of these from the downloads directory. Or, you can get them from CVS.
The top-level package names are 'expat', 'libpng', 'wv', 'libiconv' and
'zlib'.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist